Saturday, January 6, 2007

Foodie?

Lunch was baked fish. Rama was calmly eating by herself. As usual, about half-way through her plate, she would want a change of scenery. Gusto kong kumain sa kanila, meaning she wanted to go to the area where her Yaya and other household help stay. Should I feel insecure that she prefers other people's company, even if we have precious little time together?! But then it works out because it seems like she eats better when with them. I don't know if it's the blaring TV or the fabulous Kuya Junior (the gay houseboy/gardener with wild curls down to his waist - but that's another post...), or could it be their food? Upon entering the area, with just a whiff of the ulam, she loudly exclaimed, UY ADOBO!!! Na-excite. Yup, it's the food... But I suppose it's the whole experience, no? Adobo + live drag show + Wowowee - how can I compete?

4 comments:

ChichaJo said...

It's the food! :) I always loved eating the household help's food...I think it was because my mom always tried to serve us "healthy" food whereas the help didn't care about the taba...in fact they loaded it on! Yes, I still remember trying to fob off my chicken breast lasagna for their super-oily pork adobo :)

P said...

Yes, think so too, chichajo. But kuya jun is wildly entertaining, too. ;-)

wysgal said...

I liked reading their Tagalog comics, listening to corny 80s music on the radio and watching Eat Bulaga every day. =)

P said...

Hey, I still think Vic Sotto is hot. Haha! Seriously, you gotta hand it to those guys - hanep ang staying power!