Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Christmas Carol

Watching A Christmas Carol with Rama. She notices the following exchange.

Ghost of Christmas Present: I am the spirit of Christmas present! Now look upon me. You have never seen the like of me before!
Scrooge: Never?
Ghost of Christmas Present: Yet how many of my brothers have you rejected in your miserable lifetime?
Scrooge: I have never met any of your brothers, sir!
Ghost of Christmas Present: You have never looked for them!
Scrooge: But how many of them are there?
Ghost of Christmas Present: What year is this?
Scrooge: 18 hundred and sixty!
Ghost of Christmas Present: Then I have eighteen hundred and fifty nine brothers. Each year at this time, one of us visits this puny little planet to spread happiness and to remove as much as we can from the causes of human misery. Which is why I've come to see you...

Rama: Eighteen hundred and fifty nine brothers?! That's a lot of brothers. His mom must have died.

Adults burst out laughing.

Rama: It's not funny.

3 comments:

The Flip Side. . .Or Maybe Not said...

This is just FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! And I love how perplexed (and probably slightly annoyed) she is in the end: "It's not funny."

P said...

Hi, flip. Hope you and S enjoyed your holidays...

Katu! Yes, exactly how you put it - that was the tone!