Sunday, December 7, 2008

Foot In Mouth


Meet Terry Fox. He became famous for the Marathon of Hope, a cross-Canada run to raise money for cancer research, which Fox ran with one prosthetic leg. He is considered one of Canada's greatest heroes of the 20th century.

Yesterday, Rama and I went to the annual office kids' Christmas party. We were joined at our table by my colleagues. One of the desserts was a Gingerbread Man Cookie.

Rama breaks off the leg.

Rama: Look! This is Terry Fox!

Stunned silence at the table. Followed by gales of laughter. And nervous mumbles about political correctness.

It wasn't over.

Rama, breaking off the arm: Oh, I took his arm, too.

3 comments:

The Flip Side. . .Or Maybe Not said...

This is so funny! From the mouth's of babes.

P said...

Yes, Flip. I almost blew water out of my nose with this one. Terry Fox is SACRED to Canadians!

Tesa Celdran said...

I love this, I love this, I love this. She talks because she has a mouth and doesn't censor herself.

When are you in?